Sunday, April 14, 2013

Johor - Batu Pahat - Kampung Parit Bilal


OK. This is the first attempt on coverage analysis. I'm doing this at my hometown, specifically my village in the outskirts of the town of Batu Pahat, Johor. According to coverage map from Celcom and Maxis, I should get good coverage for both 3G internet providers.

CELCOM



Celcom's coverage map. Notice the circled part is where my village is approximately located.
Now, the speedtest result for Celcom. For Celcom, I use HTC One X as a tethered modem via Wi-Fi hotspot function. Mind you that this is this test is done only once.


Download speed: Not too bad for general browsing and Youtube streaming.
Upload speed: Inadequate for a photo upload. No-no for a video upload. :(

MAXIS

Maxis's coverage map. Again, the approximate location of my village is circled over there.
Now, let's look at the speedtest result for Maxis. For Maxis, I'm using the Nokia Asha 303 as a 3G modem via USB connection. Mind you again that this test is done only once.


Download speed : Very fast. By Malaysian standards, Youtube streaming should have less buffering under such speed.
Upload speed: Quite fast. Photo uploads should have no problems. Video upload should be fine as well, depending on the duration of the video.










No comments:

Post a Comment