Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nitty gritty

1. For now, I will analyse the coverage of two major 3G broadband providers in Malaysia: Celcom and Maxis. The reason is because I'm currently using both of them and they have a fairly wide and extensive coverage across most parts of Malaysia. I'm yet to subscribe a Digi broadband service at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to do so if I'm financially sufficient. LOL :P

2. The devices that I'll use to do the analysis are HTC One X and Nokia Asha 303. Yes, I'm using a high-end smartphone and a Nokia feature phone due to their ability of being great 3G modems; HTC One X has a Wi-Fi hotspot, while Nokia Asha 303 can be tethered to PC/laptop via a USB cable connection; HTC One X is where my size-reduced Celcom SIM card is, while the Nokia Asha 303 has a standard-size Maxis SIM card.

3. FYI, I'm using prepaid for both of my SIM cards as they are easier to subscribe and have the same 3G capabilities as the postpaid ones. Plus, they don't need bills at all. Sounds cheapo, isn't it?

4. As I mentioned in the first post, the analysis will be done in random places that I visited. For now, analysis will be done in Peninsular Malaysia only. I hope I can do analysis of 3G broadband coverage in Sabah and Sarawak if I'm...well...financially sufficient (again) and and have the time & opportunity to travel to both states.

For further inquiries, you can post your questions in the comment section for this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment